2022 is nearly here. It’s the time of year that I evaluate the apps that I’ve been using and decide which apps I will use for the coming year. I find that writing this out helps me better evaluate the apps that best fit my workflows.
For the last 7 months, I’ve been using an iPad as my main computer. I wanted to learn the best ways to use it and forcing myself to make it my main computing device was the way to do that. At the same time, I was wondering if I’d ever use a Mac again since Apple was in the middle of a five-year period in which it had ignored the Mac.
I’ve moved back to the Mac for most of my work and the M1 is a big part of why, of course, but not the whole story. I missed the automation that I developed in apps like Keyboard Maestro, Alfred, and Hazel.
So, now I have a new 2021 24” M1 iMac base model with the Touch ID Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse. My iPad is now my mobile device.
- 2021 24” M1 iMac with Touch ID Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, and Trackpad
- iPhone 11
- iPad Air 4th generation with Magic Keyboard and Trackpad and Magic Mouse 2
- Apple Watch 44 mm Series 4
Calendar, Tasks, and Notes
Utilities / Productivity
- Alfred / I’ve written about Alfred here.
- Keyboard Maestro / I’ve written about Keyboard Maestro here.
- PopClip / I’ve written about PopClip here.
- Yoink / I’ve written about Yoink here.
- App Cleaner
- Bartender / I’ve written about Bartender here.
- TunnelBear VPN
My favorite iOS apps for 2022 is here.